Master's in planning and management of new tourism products and destinations
The management of tourist destinations is closely related to local development and the creation of value. In turn, the creation of value in a tourist destination can arise from the development of new products targeted toward specific market segments. In this master programme you will become an expert in the planning and magement of new products and destinations, and develop skills that will help you work in a number of areas, from the marketing of innovative tourism products to local economic development management.
This new master’s degree programme taught in English was established after observing a lack of supply of academic and professional training in Romania in the field of tourist destination management and in order to satisfy the need for skills and competences in tourism at international level. There are many opportunities for the students and graduates of this study programme:
- It is the first and, so far, the only master degree programme in Romania in tourism field, oriented towards innovation and tourism destination management;
- European-level professional skills guaranteed by the curriculum and the presence of visiting professors from abroad that will undertake teaching activities;
- Many possibilities to find suitable jobs in accordance with the professional training acquired during the master studies, not only in tourism business, but also in local authorities responsible for the formulation of strategies and policies in the field of tourism;
- The opportunity to undertake internships and other practical training activities in Romania, Spain and Germany;
- The possibility to deepen their knowledge of English, as well as Spanish and German, by means of the inclusion of these three foreign languages in the curriculum;
- The inclusion of students in the working teams of tourism-related projects carried out at the Faculty;
- The possibility to continue with doctoral studies in the fields of economics and business administration.
This master's degree operates a double degree programme scheme in co-operation with Universidade da Coruña in Spain. This means that our students completing one semester of studies at Universidade da Coruña will be able to qualify for an additional degree from this university. There are Erasmus scholarships available for interested students.